Thursday, June 27, 2013

Packing and Puking

Basically the story here is that I needed to pack for a road trip with Molly.  My plan was to be packed by 9:30 pm and have the car loaded.  (I also wanted to deep-clean the house and rearrange the furniture, but that didn't look possible in the two hours I had left before the designated time, although the thought remained in my head as a possibility). Anyhoo, at some point Maribeth texted to say that Baby E (aka Everley, although who knows how long she will go by the nickname of Baby E) had just thrown up all over her and the bed.  By the time I texted back, Baby E had repeated the performance and the second load of sheets was headed for the laundry.  I volunteered for a Wal-Mart run for Pedialyte and a thermometer (since theirs had gone missing/was out of batteries).

I arrived at their house with supplies and went in to hold E awhile so her parents could make some headway in the laundry department.  We gave her a few sips of water - which she didn't tolerate for long - and we rocked in the chair for a bit.  Once Mathieu and Maribeth and cleaned up and gotten their wits about them, they took over and I returned home to pack.

Once home, I reverted to my usual method of packing, which is to count how many days I will be gone and throw in a proportionate number of underwears, capris, shirts, and assorted other clothing.  Of course, this was AFTER I had taken a sanitizing shower (think Meryl Streep in "Silkwood").

Anyhoo, eventually I ended up with a packed suitcase, pretty much on time.  Which just goes to show you that if you take time to get the important stuff done (like rock a sick baby), the other stuff gets done, too!
********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Burgers at the Doik with the family; Lindley and Everley time; sick Everley time; getting suitcase packed

No comments: