Friday, June 28, 2013

Road Trip!!!

After last night's fun activity, I was wondering how this morning was going to proceed.  Molly and I had planned to leave at 5am, but I was half-expecting a call from Maribeth saying that I could not leave because Baby E would not get well without me (just a little granny-guilt overload for leaving the granddaughter to go to Disney).  But with no call, I decided that perhaps she would recover without me present, and I would go ahead and leave. 

Although Molly texted me at 4am saying she was ready to go whenever I was, I didn't get things going until 5.  Molly came to our house and we eventually got going around 6am.  Here's what we did to pass the time:

*stopped at Sonic for lunch even though this one no longer serves biscuits*stopped at Quik Trip for gas and goodies*listened to Williams and Ree's DVD*stopped at Chic Fil A for lunch with a manager named Merri Beth*stopped at another gas station for gas*played triva games via Molly's iPhone*tried to listen to the Oprah radio network on Steve's first-edition satellite radio but could never find it*listened to Blue Collar Comedy network but never heard any comedy*listened to NPR until I couldn't take it anymore (which was about a minute)*researched cruise and dining plan options*Molly napped*ate snacks*took instagram photos*texted to check on Everley

And all that was in the first hour!!
*************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  safe road trip; relatively good reports about Everley; dinner at Boatwrights; great room location; security kiosk dude

No comments: