Thursday, September 6, 2007

Welcome to Fifty

So it's been a couple of days since I've posted. They have not exactly been my favorite. I continued my recuperation on Tuesday, but made the unwise decision for a McDonald's lunch. While I didn't see that lunch again, it did not sit altogether well. I decided to call a doctor to have him check out my ongoing stomach issues. Remarkably, I got an appointment for Wednesday.

I felt pretty good on Wednesday morning, and went with Molly and Scout for mani/pedis (Scout's first). We all had an enjoyable experience. I decided to skip lunch (1) since I had an appointment with the gastroenterologist, (2) I wasn't starving, and (3) after Tuesday's McDonald's experience, I just wanted something light. I made it to the doctor, who suspects gallstones. I will have an ultrasound and endoscopy in two weeks to determine if this is true.

On the way home, I decided I should eat, and wanted pasta. After a LENGTHY conversation with Molly, I decided to just get a frozen pasta meal from the grocery. I got it, ate it, and all was well .... for about an hour when my back started hurting, and I knew my night was over. Interpretation: my suspected gallstones decided to say hello.

Finally after various painkillers, a soak in the tub, and a heating pad, I got to bed for some sleep. I woke up several times, and kept drinking water and Gatorade, as I am still a bit dehydrated from the last two weeks.

The good news is that as of this moment, I feel okay - a little worn out, but at least human again. I think my 50-year-old body is telling me to slow down. I think this time I am going to listen to it.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

yes, slow down might be a good message to listen to, also, reconsider October's walking jaunts!