Thursday, August 28, 2008

News From Virginia Beach

Yes, I am in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Why? Let me see ... Oh yes - I am here to do the Rock and Roll Half Marathon on Sunday. Am I prepared? Of course not. Would you like to discuss my lack of progress with Weight Watchers instead? Hmmm. Wonder if the lack of proper training plus the lack of dedication to Weight Watchers has anything to do with my lack of progress on my 68-pound journey? Let me get back to you on that one.

In other news, today I went for my first session on Curves Smart. I have been a Curves member for over a year. I thought I was doing so well, working out on the machines. Then today, the trainer started me on this new fangled system. Basically, it's a computer thing that is hooked up to the machines and tells you how hard to work. It's got a bunch of lights that tells you to go farther and work harder. I think it's the first step to computers and machines killing off humans and taking over the world. Oh well, at least when they kill me, I will be in shape. I am hoping that perhaps this new program will jump start me to the training/weight watching continuum. We'll see.

Finally, I wanted to introduce you to Itty Bitty. This is my new baby laptop that I got for my birthday. I have tried to show you the size, relative to the hotel phone. It's small. Maybe it will entice me to Curves/train/w-watch so I can be small like it! See how my life works together?

I guess that's all the news for now. We'll see what kind of adventures await tomorrow!

No comments: