Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No Funfetti Cake Tonight

Since I am still blog-bogged, I asked Maribeth for a topic. She said I should write about how I still haven't made her a funfetti cake. She is correct - I haven't. So, to keep myself from being named "Bad Mother Of The Year," I would like to offer the following reasons why there is no funfetti cake.

1. There were still Cheetos to eat. 'Nuf said.

2. I still hadn't watched last week's episode of "House." I needed to know if he got out of rehab before I committed to baking a cake.

3. I decided to start training for the 3-Day walk. Which I should have started training for 3 months ago. Walking 5 miles took up my cake-baking time.

4. Making this cake is very complicated. You have to get eggs and oil and mix it together. Very technical for a Wednesday.

5. I don't even eat this cake. I would rather make Cheetos. Is there a recipe for that?

6. There is a funfetti facebook page. Maybe Maribeth can find a baker there.

7. I am old and Maribeth is young. Shouldn't she be making me a cake?

8. I only bake cakes from scratch. Yeah, that's it.

9. I could be booted from boot camp if I bake a cake. Really. And I cannot be a boot camp dropout. At least not because of cake.

10. If I had actually made the cake, what would I have blogged about tonight?
____________________________________________________________________
Things that made today special: CPK delivery from Maribeth and Molly; 5 miles training; confirmation of golf tournament volunteer job; Sam and Lynnette's new house paint; Molly's cranberry lemonade delivery

No comments: