Friday, September 4, 2009

Stuff on a Plane

Yesterday I arrived in California without incident. However, it took four hours to get here. On a plane. Which is not my preferred mode of travel.

To pass this overly long period of time, I tried to keep myself busy and not look at my watch except at certain intervals. In order to maintain spaced-out intervals between watch checks, I devised activities. To illustrate this procedure, I decided to list the things I did on my flight yesterday. Here they are, in no particular order.

1. Completed easy crossword puzzle in Spirit magazine
2. Completed three out of four of the Sudokus in the Spirit Magazine
3. Composed yesterday's blog entry
4. Cat napped - wished I could sleep for hours
5. Ate peanuts - one by one
6. Ate animal crackers - one by one
7. Observed Asian lady across the aisle - why was she reading the emergency procedures card?
8. Looked out the window
9. Took pictures out the window
10. Saw plane fly next to us going in opposite direction. Have no distance/depth perception, so I have no idea how close it was. It was close enough to see it was Fed Ex. Way too close for me!
11. Wondered where we were
12. Wondered how Molly and I will get to hotel in rental car without incident
13. Wondered if flight attendants know something I don't, like we have a flat tire
14. Decided to stop wondering
15. Played Free Cell on Middle C
16. Played solitaire on Middle C
17. Listened to engine on plane - didn't hear anything I thought needed to call attention to
18. Drank flat Diet Coke - could have been dishwater for all I cared - it was a way to pass the time
19. Inspected wing of plane - everything appeared to be screwed in
20. Wished people hovering in aisle would sit down
21. Tried to identify shapes in clouds - saw a sitting camel, a mommy chased by a child, and a turtle swimming in water
22. Chewed ice in water delivered by Flight Attendant Bob
23. Observed plane as it turned to the right
24. Tried to guess the time - guessed it was 9:15 California time - actual time was 10:18 - only 40 minutes to landing!!
25. Repeated all 24 steps above in remaining 40 minutes.

Now, if I can only figure out what to do on the return flight on Monday!
___________________________________________________________________
Gifts that make today special: Shopping and expo-ing with Maribeth; volunteers at expo; rest of family arriving in California

No comments: