Tuesday, September 15, 2009

They Also Get A Medal Who Finish Almost Last

Today I got my NYC Half Marathon official photo in the mail. First of all, I got a free 4x6 because I ordered a 4x6. This would be a great deal if I knew someone who wanted the other 4x6. I could send it to the lady who is walking beside me, but I don't know her name or address. So I guess that sometimes free is not so great after all.

Second, the picture is mostly of Times Square, with a tiny little me somewhere near the bottom. This is good, because it highlights Times Square, and lowlights me and my bulgy belly under my sweat-water-gatorade-soaked shirt. So I guess bigger is not always better - at least in terms of your part in a picture.

The question remains - why did I order one? It simple - I wanted proof that I actually was there (and not last); I thought it was a cool picture of the whole event; I wanted to remember my unknown buddy who helped me get through the middle, hot, agonizing part of the race; and I keep a race scrapbook.

Besides, what else would I blog about today?
____________________________________________________________________
Gifts that make today special: Panera delivered by Maribeth and Molly; race pics; phone chat with Marilyn

No comments: