Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello Tuesday

It all started as usual, with a 5:45 boot camp call. After lamely executing several rounds of walking jumping jacks and other such things, I returned home to finish some odds and ends and head off to the airport for my 11:25 flight to Orlando.

I decided to eat a bite before the flight. I chose a tuna sandwich from Panera - half of which ended in my lap.

The flight was only about half full, which was good, because that meant the screaming toddler could sit in the very back with his parents. He gave us a 10-minute break from his tirade during the 2-hour flight. The dudes behind me were thinking the mom needed some duct tape, while the dudes two rows in front were think Tylenol 3. Meanwhile, I found that the pilots and I have differing ideas of a smooth flight.

Upon landing, it was time for my rental car adventure. Since I had checked in online, all I had to do was find the full size car selection. However, National and Alamo share space, and it can be confusing to an anal person like me. I asked the Alamo dude walking past if those full size were my full size, and he said yes, and then told me that the black car, a Ford Something, was the best car out there. I would have believed him except that Fords are not my favorite car.

There was a red Mustang parked next to the best black car. I know - a Mustang is a Ford, but that's different. I inspected both cars. The best black did have leather seats, Sirrus radio, and fancy button locks. But the other car was a red Mustang!! So I heaved my bags in the red car and backed it out - only to hear the brakes groan. So I chose safety and chose the best black.

My next stop was to check in at the resort. I needed to get my resort parking pass so I could get into Epcot without paying for parking (since I thought I had forgotten my annual pass) in order to get on the bus to go to the golf volunteer place and get my credentials. I checked in and found out that my room was on the 4th floor, which was fine since there is an elevator in that building. I got my Mickey Christmas party ticket for tonight. I gathered all my check-in stuff and put it in the car and headed to Epcot, parking pass in window. I followed signs to volunteer parking lot and talked to Officer Betty of Disney Security while waiting for the volunteer bus.

Officer Betty told me that when I got to Shades of Green, to go down the hill to "Will Call." You should always listen to security officers. When I got to Shades of Green, bus coordinator told me to go inside, where I found volunteer signs that directed me to the back side of the kitchen to an empty volunteer table. I went back to the bus dude, who went with me to various places, where someone finally said to go to Room 104. Had no clue as how to get there. Saw an old guy with a golf volunteer shirt, who walked with me down long hall and tunnel and he said to go to Room 148. Went there, but found out it was the wrong room. The people there said I was supposed to go to Will Call.

Finally found my way to Will Call and picked up my credentials, and then had to go to pro shop to pick up my shirts, but when Lois Golf Clerk checked my bag, she discovered there was no jacket there, so she had to go get it. This was after Deloris Golf Clerk couldn't find my bag of clothes because she was looking for Laura Robertson's bag.

Anyhooo, once I had my requisite golf volunteer paraphernalia, I went back to the bus stop. Actually I ran to the bus stop because I saw the big yellow bus pulling up to the bus stop. To legally get there, I was supposed to go through Shades of Green Resort, but in order to make the bus, I had to sprint across the parking lot and where the buses pull up. It was Disney illegal, and I'm lucky I was not Disney arrested.

So I got back to Epcot, back in the car, and headed back to the resort to find my 4th floor room. I found it, and found that I have the last room in the resort. You know, when they list certain buildings and give you a starting and ending room number? Well, my room is the last one listed - for the entire resort. It's sorta weird, like you're at the ends of the earth.

By this point I was very hungry, since it had been quite a while since I had eaten my tuna half-sandwich. It was also time for Mickey's Christmas party, so I headed to the Magic Kingdom. Upon arrival, I went to Casey Jones and ordered a hot dog, corn dog nuggets, and french fries. Bad choice. What do you do when you make a bad choice? Follow it up with a hot fudge sundae. At this point, I considered becoming bulimic, but instead went to the Monster's Inc Comedy thing.

When it was over and I came out of the attraction, I discovered it was raining. Not hard, but a steady rain. People were in their Disney ponchos. The shows and parade were cancelled, and it wasn't looking good for the fireworks. I decided it would be better to go back to my room and lie down than walk around in the rain. On the way out, I saw a lot of people at City Hall. I decided to see what was going on.

It turns out, you could turn in your ticket for tonight's party for another party night, or use the ticket for a one-day park pass anytime for the next year. I opted for the park pass. Wet, stuffed, and tired, I returned to my room in time to see the last hour of "The Biggest Loser."

All in all, quite the lineup for a Tuesday. We'll see what lays in wait for Wednesday - at least I won't have to eat anything!
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Little girls singing on the bus from Magic Kingdom; Disney cast members; man/lady getting pins at Magic Kingdom; safe, smooth flight; boot camp buddies; news that new couch is in

No comments: