Saturday, January 30, 2010

My New Word

I have decided to start using a new word - nowhere. You probably think this isn't a new word - you've seen it before. But I'm going to use it differently. Instead of no-where, I'm going to use it sometimes as now-here. For instance:

Question: Where do you want to go for dinner?
Answer: Now - here. Meaning - I don't want to get gussied up and go out - so head for the kitchen and get busy!

Question: What do you want to do?
Answer: Now - here. Meaning - Whatever I am presently doing, I wish to continue. Buzz off.

Question: What's for lunch?
Answer: Now - here. Meaning: Unless it's on my lap and there's enough for two, you're on your own.

I'm a regular linguist! I think I'll go read my dictionary now ...
___________________________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Breakfast at the crepe place; cute Lindley snow pictures; sitting by the pool and listening to the advertising dudes; lunch at Johnny Rockets and frozen yogurt place; dropping and spilling juice all over Walgreen's

No comments: