Saturday, January 23, 2010

When Healthy is Unhealthy

Every morning before I go to torture hour, I mean Adventure Boot Camp, I try to eat a little something so I won't pass out. From hunger, anyhow. So, I eat a granola bar.

Last week I ran out of granola bars and put it on the shopping list. Except that I just wrote "granola." Steve took the list on a grocery run, and came home with a box of granola cereal. Herein lies the trouble. I like granola cereal. I like it a lot. I don't buy it because I like it so much. When I have a box in the house, I eat it. Every hour if possible. I eat it for a meal and then follow it for dessert. Which wouldn't be as bad, except that I probably had it as an appetizer. The only redeeming part of this debacle is that the box rarely lasts very long.

So this is why granola is bad - for me. I consume it with reckless abandon. But it's supposed to be good for you. Just not in massive quantities - two or three times a day - or the same morning.

Maybe this is why I have issues with healthy eating!!
____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Zoo 5k with Sam and Steve; Steve's dinner delivery; watching the SAG awards and "Role Models" with Steve and Maribeth; late night grocery run

No comments: