Saturday, January 16, 2010

Waiting

I hate waiting. It feels like I'm wasting time. It enables me to procrastinate by convincing me that "I can't" because I need to wait for something to come to pass. I'm always waiting for that magic moment to change something, or start something, or stop something. Sometimes it just seems I don't get anything done because I'm waiting to get started on getting something done.

Today I read a poem by Dr. Seuss that's part of his book "Oh The Places You Will Go."

The Waiting Place……

for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

No! That's not for you!

So maybe it's time to stop waiting. Maybe the moment I'm waiting for is this moment. Maybe change starts right now, not in a minute or tomorrow or next week. Maybe it's time to take action and do.

Maybe.
________________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: breakfast and shopping with Steve; visiting Lindley and her parents at their home

No comments: