Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Buzz and Me

Buzz was eliminated from "Dancing With The Stars" tonight. Truth be told, he was out of his element. I believe he tried his best, but his dancing just wasn't there. Although he wasn't the person I would have preferred to leave, Buzz was voted out by the convoluted procedure contrived by the producers of the show.

Some might say he was out of his element. But so am I, in my boot camp class. And I will probably be out of my element again when I start hula-hooping class. And I definitely am out of my element in just about every race I enter. But these little details don't deter me and Buzz. We go ahead and try just like everybody else - and try to have some fun along the way. Buzz said it best tonight when he said, "I'm glad I took the risk and I'm thankful for everyone who voted for me."

So maybe we're not always in "our element." Maybe we're the slowest or the heaviest or the clumsiest for the "whatever-ist" and we don't quite fit in. But if we try our best and make sure we have fun along the way, it's worth the ride.

After all, if anybody knows what it's like to be out of your element, it's Buzz Aldrin!
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: BSC with Lindley; pizza with Maribeth, Molly, Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley; Matt finishing the landscaping; dirt pile moved to back neighbor's;

No comments: