Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kwitchyerbellyakin

While on the way to pick up Lindley from day care, I decided to get a hot chocolate at Starbucks via the drive-thru. When I got there, the drive-thru line wasn't too bad. However, it got slower and slower and the wait got longer and longer. I started complaining about the wait to Maribeth, who was in the car with me. When I had finally placed my order and was next in line to get my hot chocolate, I had exhausted my complaints about the long wait, so I proceeded to question the order of the person ahead of me in line, and why it was taking so long.

Finally I was at the window to make payment and receive my drink. I had my Starbucks card out to give to the barrista. However, she said, "Never mind for today." I don't know if it was a "pay-it-forward" situation or what, but the bottom line was that I got my drink free.

It just goes to show that much ado about nothing is just that - and that it's usually not warranted. In this case, something good happened to me in spite of my negativity. Next time I'll try to be positive in trying situations. Maybe I can be the positive that happens in a negative situation.
____________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: tough butt camp workout made fun because of my buds; tv repair dudes; picking up Lindley at day care and watching her chow down when we got home; homemade veggie soup; free Starbucks drink; putting wheels on Molly's expedit and seeing her house decor progress

No comments: