Wednesday, January 26, 2011

That's What Friends Are For

So it did snow early this morning. It was enough to cover the ground and make the roads messy. I got up to check my email, just in case Josh decided to cancel butt camp. Alas, no email. However, a couple of my boot-ies were on facebook. Karen said she wasn't going because of the road situation and the fact that she had an early appointment. Michelle wondered if we were having it. I wondered, too. Then Michelle wrote that she was going, and my response was, "Ok, fine. I'll go too." And I went. I got a good workout, had a tiny bit of fun, and ended up being glad I went - even though my car was covered in snow when it was time to go home.

That's one reason I am so thankful for my friends. They encourage me to do that which I don't think I can do, or sometimes just don't want to do. Because of their help, I gain the experiences and blessings that make life so meaningful. Why else (and with whom) would I plan to do something like this?
_______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Going to butt camp because Michelle said she was; another snowy day; watching "Reds"; catching up on bills; making travel arrangements for friends; finding Karen's blog

No comments: