Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Packing Up

It's time to return home. The car is rented and packed to the gills with two weeks and seven people's extra stuff. It's been fun but it's time to go home and get other stuff done.

I've done many things - gone to parks, watched fireworks, changed hotels, taken tours, shopped, and eaten a lot, just to name a few. However, there are many things that I had planned to do but didn't do. For instance, I didn't:

*Read any of the books and magazines I was going to read in my "down time." Whatever down time I had was spent sleeping. Or eating. Or planning to do one or the other.

*Work out/exercise. That would include jogging or lifting weights or skipping. My jaws got a workout from eating and talking, but I don't think those are included in any workout program, at least not in boot camp, which is going to kick my even more ample butt on Monday, when I return. After having not worked out for too many weeks.

*Go to the movies to see "Tangled" or "Little Fockers" or any movie at the theaters. Usually we go to at least one during Christmas, but not this year. I did watch two movies on DVD and listened to one on the drive down, but "Tangled" is still MIA.

*Find a cute Christmas tree skirt for my Christmas tree. Last year's skirt was the same tacky, awful one that I'd had for a few years, so last year after Christmas I ditched it. This year the Christmas tree had no skirt and looked quite nekkid when there were no presents under it. I had planned to purchase one at the after-Christmas sales or during my Disney shopping. But I didn't find one that I liked. Guess I have a few months before I will need one. On that note, my Christmas tree is still up at home. With no skirt.

There are probably more things that I had planned to do but didn't. Since I will be leaving in a few hours, I guess it really doesn't matter - I can just add these to the list I will need to do when I get home!
_______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Sea World with Maribeth and surprise addition of Steve; Avis lady; Lindley hair and toe video; kitties at the timeshare

No comments: