Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Saturday's Coming!

On Saturday, Udderly Pink will be having a yard sale to raise money for our 3-day, 60-mile walk for breast cancer.  This would be lovely, except for two things:  first, it's at my house, and second, I hate yard sales.  Today was the first day to start getting ready for the yard sale, which involved clearing out the sunroom, which involved shoving everything that's not for sale (the toddler trampoline, the numerous trikes and assorted toddler playthings, and other sunroom furniture) to one corner and covering it all with sheets.  I also had to take down all the "artwork" from the sunroom walls.  Why?  Because if it's within eyesight, the yard sale attendees will ask if it's for sale.  In fact, they will probably ask anyway, if they can go behind the sheets to see what's there.  In fact, they'll probably ask to buy the sheets!!

But I digress.  In addition to preparing the sunroom, I also had to start hauling stuff (aka yard sale treasures) to the sunroom.  Yesterday I started by dragging stuff from upstairs, most of which was stuff I had dragged upstairs months ago.  That was the easy part.  I also headed to the first of two storage sheds that have been holding boxes and boxes of stuff that we boxed up during our house remodel.  The storage sheds are also holding boxes and boxes of stuff that my kids boxed up during their house remodels.  In other words, one trip yielded about 10% of what's there.  Which means more trips, which should be a great thing, having so much stuff, but it really means unboxing, sorting, and pricing (which I am the worst at, which is why I am NEVER in charge of pricing, lest I sell everything by the truckload for $1). 

Luckily for me, my Udderly Pink team will be there alongside, helping to unpack, clean, sort, and price.  And hopefully by the end of the morning, we'll have a lot of money for breast cancer research, treatment, and support.  And one day, breast cancer will be cured and I won't have any more yard sales.  Win-Win for everyone!!
**********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Everley time; getting stuff cleaned up (sort of); first load from storage; sunroom ready

No comments: