Saturday, April 27, 2013

Some Days I Is Smart

Today was the running of the Country Music Marathon.  It was also a day when we got two inches of rain at my house, as was probably the norm for most houses in this area.  In other words, it was a rainy, rainy day.

I didn't do today's half-marathon (nor the marathon) part of the race, choosing a long time ago not to do it.  sometimes my decisions pay off.  Today, instead of standing around for hours waiting for my corral to start the race and then wogging several hours in a deluge, I instead sat in my car with KB and Molly and marveled at those people who were running, jogging, or walking in the rain race.  I was alternately impressed and sorrowful for those people - impressed that they were doing it and sorry that they were soaked to the bone.

So bravo to everybody - the runners for participating in such soggy weather and to me for being so unknowingly brilliant!
******************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Puffy Muffin breakfast, seeing Charity at Sonic, and watching the runners with KB and Molly; Lindley and Everley time; travel planning with Molly and Steve


No comments: