Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Small World Saga Continues

So, while I was on the cruise this weekend, I got on the internet (for a fee) twice - mostly to catch up on gmail and facebook.  I noticed that Kat (who lives in Miami and who is an amazing friend and person whom I've really only met in person a handful of times) was at Disney World with her family.  From her pictures, it looked like they might be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, where I would be going after the cruise.  I considered emailing/facebooking her and telling her this information, but figured they would be headed back on Sunday, the day I would be headed to the resort, so I decided not to.  I figured I would write her later and tell her we passed on the road (and that her donations to Udderly Pink's silent auction raised over $250).

Anyhow, I got to the resort, met up with Mathieu and Maribeth, and then started my babysitting gig with Everley while her parents went on the resort safari.  We decided to take a stroller ride (because the room starts to shrink when you're with a one-year-old).  As we were headed back to our room, guess who we met in the hall?  Yep, Kat with her daughters Jessica and Rachel (they were searching for hidden Mickeys).  They were staying until Monday and in fact, were staying just a few doors down from us!

So, as I've stated many times before, small world, God-designed, blessings abound!

*********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Being co-pilot on ride from ship to resort; room being almost ready upon arrival; Everley time; seeing Maribeth and Mathieu on their safari; seeing Kat and the girls in the hall

2 comments:

Kat said...

It was so good to run into you!! Apparently, however, it was not a surprise to everyone in my family. When we got back to the room and told Craig, "You'll never guess who we ran into in the hallway and who is staying only 2 doors down?!?!" his immediate response was, "Luanne, of course!"

Now to resume humming of "It's a Small World..."

Marilyn said...

Disney magic!