Thursday, April 11, 2013

Just Another Thursday ...

Today I donated a pint of blood.  It was an easy transaction, because I had a competent technician (meaning she had done this before and wasn't reading the manual as she did it).  I only had to have one finger stick (a few times they had to stick two fingers because the first finger stick did not pass the finger stick test).  The funniest part (to me) was when completing the computer questionnaire, I had to check a new question asking if I had ever been pregnant.  When the tech reviewed the questions, she said, "So you've been pregnant before - can you give me the month, day, and year?"  Somehow 1986 seemed like forever ago.  Anyhow, I guess I passed that question, too, because soon I was off to get the big needle stick and watch the blood flow out of my arm (I sort of like watching that).

After that and a stop at Starbucks, I went home.  The rain soon started, so I just sort of did a little bit of nothing.  I accomplished a few tasks, but nothing monumental, like putting together the Ikea stuff or further prep for our Udderly Pink Bingo/Silent Auction coming up next Tuesday.  Or thinking about packing for the girls getaway with Marilyn and Lucy next week.  And I won't mention where we're going or what we're doing, because some people might think me redundant.

Today just think of me as a blood donor.  I will get more sympathy that way!
************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  blood donation and the people there; rainy lazy day

No comments: