Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Limerick Day!!

Apparently May 12 is Limerick Day (who knew - only the person who is searching the internet searching for a blog topic).  Here's some Wikipedia info:

Today is Limerick Day! Limerick day celebrates the birthday of Edward Lear (1812-1888), an English writer who made the Limerick popular. In 1846, Lear wrote his Book of Nonsense, which made these poems especially admired. The Limerick is named after the third largest city in Ireland.
 
So, in honor of today, I have composed an original limerick.  I know, try to contain your excitement ...
 
The was an old lady with a blog,
Whose brain was often in a fog.
So she scoured the 'net
For tonight's topic to get,
And instead read a story about a frog.
 
No?  Then how about this one ...
 
There are many tasks that I need to complete;
There are many foods that I really want to eat.
The dilemma is there
Should I even care,
But I don't, so let's go get a yummy treat!


**********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  airport run for Steve; techs doing my blood donation at the Red Cross; getting maybe one thing accomplished; crab salad from Molly's friend's hubbie.

No comments: