Friday, May 9, 2014

Why It's Good I Didn't Mother Me

Reason Number 1.  The Hair.  For one thing, it was long and curly.  For another thing, it was thick.  So, taming the hair meant lots of Tame Crème Rinse (I think they call it conditioner now).  And then after getting rid of all the rat's nests (I think they call it tangles now), there was the putting it up in pink sponge curlers.  And then combing it into curls the next morning so it could get more rat's nests in it. 

Reason Number 2.  The Attitude.  Look at the picture - need I say more?  I'm not sure if these pictures were purchased for future reference or some sort of legal proceeding, but I'm sure the pose was indicative of my attitude at the time.  And which might have been my attitude for much of the time.

Reason Number 3.  The Clothes.  First of all, we were only allowed to wear dresses to school.  And my mother made pretty much all of them.  And I don't sew so nicely, so basically if I were in charge of the homemade wardrobe, I would basically be wearing homemade ponchos with a belt.

At one point in my life, my mother told me that she hoped I had a child just like me.  I'm not sure what exact point she was trying to make, but I can say that my three children all have some traits of mine - both good and bad.  So I'm not sure if my mother got her wish.  Anyhow, with Mother's Day coming up this weekend, I just wanted to say that no matter what kind of kid you get, and how you get them, and whether they live with you or not, motherhood is pretty much an interesting adventure, pink sponge curlers and all.
***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  several projects started/completed; watching Redbox movies; filling up with gas before I ran out

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Happy Mother's Day, Luanne! I do remember the pink rollers - LOL!