Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sleepy's Twin

After my last massage, I had decided to go to a different masseuse.  I rarely go to the same one anyhow.  I scheduled one for the afternoon after the CMM half marathon, but the race had taxed my GI system, so I skipped it (thinking jumping off the table and running for the bathroom might not be all that relaxing).  Anyhow, I decided that I would try again this week before I left town and booked one for this morning.  With another new person I'd never had before.

I get to the place and am ushered in where I meet today's man of the hour.  He introduced himself and we discussed what areas to focus on, settling on my upper body.  He said that usually with a new person, he really works on the upper body and usually only does a full body after a few sessions.  He also mentioned that he does use pretty firm pressure.  I need a better gauge for pressure.

So, I get on the table and Dude comes in.  The first thing I notice is his breathing.  It's not heavy breathing, it's more like snoring - except that he's awake and moving.  It was so loud I decided he must be Snorey, the eight dwarf - Sleepy's twin brother. 

Anyhow, it got to be a tug of war.  What was worse - Snorey's breathing or the "firm pressure" he was exerting on my neck and shoulders?  I'm not sure what he was attempting to knead out, but I can only assume it was an alien that had taken up lodging in my shoulder.  An alien who was reluctant to leave but Snorey was determined to get out.  By using firm pressure. 

Eventually my time was up.  Snorey suggested I get up slowly because sometimes when he does deep tissue (or alien removal), people's equilibrium might be a little messed up.  Mine was fine.   I just hope the alien made it back to its home planet ...
********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  early morning cake delivery via KB; massage via Snorey; scrapbooking planning with MB; picking up Steve at the airport

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I think I may need to inspect this massage establishment of yours while I am in Nashvegas the next time. Snorey indeed! You are too funny!

Luanne said...

Excuse me, MaeMae, but I think you and Allison have a few stories to tell!!