Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ketchikan

Today we landed in Ketchikan, The Salmon Capital of the World.  Which is great, if you like salmon.  Which I don't.  Nevertheless, it does have a Starbucks about a mile and a half from the cruise port.  I wanted to get an Alaska Starbucks mug to go with my other mugs, so Maribeth, Mathieu, Everley and stroller, and I decided we would trek down to the Safeway/Starbucks to attempt to accomplish this task.

We made it to our destination, only to find no mugs.  Mathieu took the lead and inquired about our quest.  The barrista said they were out, but expected more in, and if I gave her my name/email/phone number, the would contact me when they came in and mail me one.  So I did. 

We started back to the ship when we got a message that Steve wanted a bottle of Propel water, so we left Mathieu to attend to that task while the girls went ahead - with his speed and long legs, we figured he would quickly catch back up with us.  He didn't, but Everley fell asleep in the stroller on the way back, so all was good.

We got back to the ship in time to have lunch and then go back out for our Duck Tour.  Which ended up being a Dud Tour (yes, Molly, I should have expected it).  The "narrator" apparently was more interested in honing his stand-up comedy routine than dispensing with actual facts about Ketchikan.  After what seemed like 90 hours instead of minutes, we were deposited back to the ship.  Steve, Maribeth, Everley and stroller, and I did a bit of shopping while Mathieu went hiking.

Eventually everyone ended back on ship before we left Ketchikan.  Thanks Ketchikan for a great day, and Duck Dude - get some new material!!

Everley ready for bed.  And adventure ...

My injured toe.  Yes, it's a bit painful ...
Off to Starbucks!!!

On the lame duck tour, we saw an eagle.  High point of the tour ...
On top of the ship mast.  No, that's not me with the blue earring ...
Duck Tour.  Big Whoop ...


Apparently the best way to see what's going on in Studio Sea is to lie down.
I must try it sometime ...

Someone was a bit cray-cray during dinner, so LaLa's dinner got delivered to the room.
Of course, Cray-Cray wanted some ...

Which she got ...
***********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  beautiful sunny warmer weather in Ketchikan; Starbuck trekking with Mathieu, Maribeth, and Everley; Mathieu getting the mug situation remedied; lunch on the ship; stupid duck tour with the fam; final port shopping; dinner with E

No comments: