Saturday, November 10, 2007

Autumn at Crestridge Drive


I love fall. Maybe it's because the air gets cooler, and I'm tired of the hot weather. Maybe it's because the leaves change colors and the scene on my street is lovely. Maybe it's just the change of seasons, and being a moody person, I am ready for a change. Maybe it's because fall seems like the season to pull back and slow down. Whatever the reason, I'm glad autumn is here.

Today is one of those fall Saturdays when I feel like accomplishing things. The weather is beautiful, so I want to be outside cleaning up things. I know winter is coming, so I also want to be inside, cleaning and organizing for those inevitable days when I will spend most of my day inside. The crisp air invigorates me and fills me with intention.

I've finally gotten back on track with my daily lists, which help me organize my day and not waste time. Today I have many things I hope to do. But as busy as I want to be, I hope to always be aware of the beauty that surrounds me, and stop every now and then to take it all in.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love the picture, it reminds me so much of home! How I miss the colors of Fall. Here in south Florida, nothing much changes this time of year, except overnight temps now drop as low as the 60s. My mom sent me a big box of apples from Upstate New York, I've asked her to send me some colored leaves next.