Sunday, November 4, 2007

Unpacking the Vacation

The Top Ten Things I Brought Home From My Vacation:

10. Possibly broken toe - the right-foot one next to the little toe. I slammed it into the side of the doorway (actually the post of the ridiculously placed jacuzzi tub in the condo that looks just like the birthing tub that was in the "Baby Story" I was watching earlier that day). It still hurts and is several colors of purple. Is this a cosmic response to the two toe rings I bought?

9. Disney paraphernalia. There is no explanation, unless you know me and have been to my house. Disney sees me coming a mile away, and stocks up. I have frames, pins, and notepads. And a jacket. And pens. Moving on.....

8. A few really good nights sleep. However, the daylight savings thing happened while we were away, and we changed time zones back, so I don't know what time it is, so who knows when I will sleep soundly again. (I knew I should have bought those Minnie Mouse pjs!)

7. Mickey Bars - you can see the outline on my thighs, where they ended up. Guess I'll have to eat some more when we return in December, so I can "balance out."

6. A longing for Shamu. Every time I keep saying I am going to see him, but I don't. Twice (including last week) I have stayed at hotels within walking distance. I think I have commitment issues. Wonder if they have Shamu Bars?

5. A new duffel bag. Actually three, if you count the two MB and Hey-Hey brought back. Thank goodness for the $9 bag at Wal-Mart. Otherwise, those 4-Park blankets would not be here!!

4. Photographs. Of my broken toe. I forgot to take the camera anywhere else.

3. New race bling. The Inaugural Tower of Terror 13K medal. It has a little piece on it that goes up and down on a spring, like the actual ride, which is the closest I will actually be to getting on the ride!

2. Two books I finished reading - "Into the Wild" which I didn't like - too long winded and not really interesting to me, and "700 Sundays" which I liked because I like Billy Crystal and hearing his stories.

1. That inevitable feeling that says, "I had a good time, but I'm glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed. Where are we going next?"

2 comments:

Kat said...

Welcome back, Luanne. Sorry about the toe :-(

Yes, they DO have Shamu bars, though they're just the slightest bit less yummy than the Mickey Bars... but pretty close.

My 4-year-old went on the Tower of Terror a few weeks ago, you know. I bought her a $12 pin to mark the occassion, since she says she will never, ever, never, never, never, even when she's old, never go back on that ride. ;-)

Marilyn said...

do shamu bars make you look like shamu?