Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Know When to Say When - And Say It!

After a successful Target shopping trip, I sent MB to the in-house Starbucks to get refreshments. I requested a peppermint mocha. Upon joining her, I found that I was getting a gargantuan-size full-strength peppermint mocha (meaning: no lite AND with a full can of whipped cream). Needless to say, it was good. However, after several swigs, I was becoming concerned that with the amount of caffeine and sugar in the drink, I would probably not be able to sleep until Saturday.

So, even though it was delicious, I decided to stop mid-glass. Yes, I tossed that last half of my drink. I knew it was time to stop, and I did. It is a victory, one that I need to make a habit. Which I will work on, as soon as my legs stop twitching!!

No comments: