Friday, November 2, 2007

Future Past Present Perfect - It's Not Just For Grammar

Today Sam had an interesting article about the worst job interview question ever: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I've been thinking about that question, because I have no answer. Where do I see myself in 10 years? Playing golf in my Florida retirement community? Being a grannie to my future brilliant and perfectly-behaved grandchildren? Teaching again because my retirement fund played out? Weaving baskets in "the home?"

I have no idea. The thought of having a 10-year plan defeats me. I would like to be thinner in body, faster in races, and better than ever. But would that satisfy an interviewer? More importantly, does it satisfy me?

I've always been better about living in the present. But maybe it's time to imagine my life, and live it. I guess 50 is as good a time to begin as any.

No comments: