Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Checking My Oil

This morning I had a bone density scan. Yesterday I had blood drawn. Both were done to check for the usual stuff they check for at my age. According to my gynecologist, the bone scan had to wait until I was 50 so that insurance would pay for it. She also suggested that at 50 I also have my first colonoscopy, but I'm holding off that gem until 2008.

Since I have turned 50, I have acquired a gastroenterologist, a surgeon, an anesthetist, a psychiatrist, and a hospital. Through Steve, I have access to a rheumatologist and a cardiologist. It would appear that I have an entire medical team at my disposal.

The cynic in me would say, "Since you hit 50, you are really falling apart!" But being a fledgling optimist, I prefer to think differently. I think of them as my pit crew, and I am coming in to get ready for the next part of the race. We're just fine tuning so I'll be ready for all those laps ahead.

I may be a classic, but one that intends to stay in the race. Now, if I could just get my tires rotated ...

No comments: