Saturday, September 20, 2008

5K Bookends













Today I began and ended the day with local 5Ks. This morning we did the Christie Cookie 5K (and got free cookies). It ended up being a girl thing, minus Molly, who had to rescue the ice cream machine at Sonic. The rest of us sweated up and down the hills in excellent racing form, as you can see.

Tonight, Lynnette and I trotted around in the dark to complete the Chick-fil-A 5K (and got free chicken sandwiches). Lynnette made a friend, who is either very shy or has no personality. We both took minutes off our time from this morning, helped by the fact there were fewer hills tonight.

It was a good way to spend a Saturday - we'll see if I still believe this in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see your progress. I have lost over 50 pounds over 3 years, and took up running this year to help lose that last 10 stubborn pounds. I've gone from a 31:00 5K to about 26:00 now, and feel great! I've even run a couple of 10K races now. It looks like we've been at a couple of the same races this year, you might recognize me.