Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lilo, Stitch, and Everest

I am at Disneyworld. I know - I heard it is a good place to have fun. This weekend, the whole family is here. It is Steve's birthday and some of us were entered in the Expedition Everest Challenge, so it had all the earmarks for a fun Davidson weekend.

This morning we started with breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto at Ohana's. After breakfast, some went to the parks and some went to play golf.









This evening we trekkers headed to Animal Kingdom for the Expedition Everest Challenge. For those of you who didn't enter, this is a 5K. But when you finish the 5K, then you complete an obstacle course, which I think was taken from some old Disney army movie. First you are supposed to climb over hurdles (I went under), then you're supposed to climb a rope wall (which I did, but a woman my age and physical shape and condition shouldn't), then you're supposed to walk across some balance beams (I walked in between), then you get to crawl in the dirt underneath a net (and I have the dirty knees to prove it). But you're still not finished because then you get a "passport" in which are four clues that send you through the Animal Kingdom on a scavenger hunt for the answers. Once you have all the answers, then you head for the finish line and your medal. After we had all finished, Steve and I returned to the resort, while Molly, Maribeth, and Mathieu stayed for the after party. Meanwhile, Sam and Lynnette were enjoying dinner at the Magic Kingdom.












All in all, a typical Davidson family adventure!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Craig and Rachel are in Orlando this weekend, too... Disney Quest on Saturday and Typhoon Lagoon today. They were headed to Blizzard Beach but it's closed for 3 days. I'm home sick, Jess stayed with me... so enjoying your Disney pics since Craig forgot to take the camera. Whoops! (Oh, and we REALLY need to coordinate our Disney trips better!!!)

Steve said...

Steve, Molly, Maribeth, and Mathieu went to Typhoon Lagoon today. They probably crossed paths.

Marilyn said...

I LOVE your hair Lu! and the picture of someone's sweaty behind!

Kat said...

Steve - If you saw a 5-year old, energetic, fearless redhead with a face full of freckles, in a pink Ariel bathing suit and a dad happily encouraging her the whole way... they were mine! :-)