Friday, September 19, 2008

When Will I ...

... learn to eat intelligently and with restraint?

... consistently exercise on a schedule?

... catch up on daily Bible reading?

... mop my floors every day?

... do the stuff I want to do?

... discipline myself so I don't have to ask these same questions?

I don't know the answers, but I know I've got to start. I don't know why I keep putting things off. Is it laziness? Is it denial? Is it procrastination?

Everybody has stuff they want to do. Some want to lose weight, some want to quit smoking, some want to make a lot of money. But sometimes the idea of wanting it precludes us from doing it. "It" seems like such a good idea that we'd rather think about it rather than go about doing it. Thinking is easy - doing is what sucks.

So I've got to start doing. Thinking may have gotten me to this spot, but it's also keeping me here, and here's not where I want to be. It's time to crank it up and put it in gear.

Guess that means I'll go mop the floors ...

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
- Ellen DeGeneres