Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Road Ahead

Today the running skirt I ordered was delivered. After trying it on, I decided to wait a few (or more) pounds before I actually take it out on the road. I'm still undecided on the whole running skirt issue, but I want to try it out - in due time.

Today I also managed a slow eight miles in the neighborhood. This was a "mental" training day - to get back into thinking of 8-mile days as "normal" mileage days. The hardest part of this route is the last half-mile - it's pretty much uphill. But it also signals the end of the route, which is always a good thing.

I guess today was all about my wogging future. There's a routine and a skirt to get in to - I just have to get to it and keep at it. I have to envision an eight-mile day as routine, an uphill battle as the end of the wog, and my hippage as belonging in that little skirt.

I guess that's the good thing about dreams. When they do come true, as they eventually can, you realize a dream is simply taking steps in the right direction.

No comments: