Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cruising with the Mouse

Today I put down a deposit for a Disney cruise in April of 2010. Why? Because it's Disney which means it's going to cost a jillion dollars. I'm hoping to save enough money by then to pay for it. But you may then ask the question, "Then why Disney?" To help you out, I have composed the following reasons:

1. It's Disney. There's Mickey and Minnie and all the gang. Plus, there's food and fun and shows and smiling people and more food and napping and more happiness and more food.

2. I went on two budget cruises. There was no fun. There was a shower/toilet combo where you could do both at the same time and a bed. There was food, but we sent a lot of it back to the chef and said, "No thanks."

3. If I play my cards right, I can also finagle a Disney World vacay in with the cruise - wherever the cruise begins/ends (how else would I have made it to Disneyland way out here in California?).

4. It's a financial thing - I own some Disney stock, and I want to make sure I make money on it. Never mind how much I spend so I can make money - you just don't understand high finance.

5. Mickey bars on board. Delivered to my stateroom. Enough said.

6. Nobody on board says, "Why are you going on a Disney cruise?"

7. Disney doodads that you can't buy on land.

8. Disney movies, Disney decor, Disney souvenirs - Disney 24/7 (or longer)

9. Fireworks, pirates, and princesses, oh my!

10. It's Disney - and that's enough for me!

No comments: