Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So Long Sprint - Thanks for the Connection

Yesterday I finally severed my rather tumultuous relationship with Sprint. I've been trying to do this for years, only to be sucked back in because of a broken phone, or a new subscriber, or some such nonsense. But luck held out, and I was able to exit yesterday and join Steve, Maribeth, and Molly at AT&T and their billion rollover minutes.

I also got a new phone, a slider. But the important thing is that it is red. The rest of the details I still have to learn. I also got to keep my old phone number, which is a definite bonus - less to remember when I have to remember how to answer the darn thing.

Anyhow, in leaving Sprint, I had to reconfigure GDizzle's plan, since he was the Sprint plan. I decided to do this in person, mainly because I really wanted to have some human contact, especially in person with someone who speaks English. I expected to get the runaround, based on my past Sprint experiences.

I was surprised. Sprintman Dave changed the plan, even though I didn't have the proper password. There was no fuss or confusion - just a simple, satisfactory transaction. Wouldn't you know - just about the time I leave Sprint, I get the best service ever.

Guess it just goes to show you that you should never really count anybody out. Sometimes you get pleasantly surprised by those you least expect.

Now if I can just remember that when I have to deal with Ms. No-Personality AT&T ...

No comments: