Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ribbon Wogging










Today I went wogging for pink and red. I started this morning with the Susan Komen Race for the Cure 5K. There were about 10,000 people running/walking. The weather was beautiful, and the finish was down at the river where there was much to eat and see.

I finished up with everything around 10:30, and went directly to Bicentennial Mall for the AIDS Walk. I got there in time for the pancake breakfast and entertainment, and we started our 2 1/2 mile walk at noon. Although it was a bit warmer, the weather was still beautiful, and it was a lot of fun.

Today was a great day to get out in the fresh air. I managed to wog a little and walk a lot. The best part was that I got to wog and raise money for two causes I believe in helping - breast cancer and AIDS. It was a great day to be thankful for my two legs that help me get out and make a small difference - or maybe it isn't so small for someone who lives with these diseases every day.

2 comments:

Steve said...

You done good.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU so much for doing the Komen 5k! A friend of mine was diagnosed this past week. She spent 2 1/2 hours with me yesterday asking questions and trying to sort out her options. Her name is Alta if you want to pray for her.

I'd love to trade you our June 14 for your Oct 4,for the race next year!