Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

Christmas decorations and lights are showing up on houses as I pass them. I've got my list of family names I've pulled, and am starting to think of the gifts I will buy. My car radio is tuned to the all-Christmas, all-the-time station. It's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I just have to remember to enjoy each day of this holiday season. I have to remember that it's not about the gifts or the decorations or the parties. It's about the celebration of family, and a little baby boy in a manger.

As Dr. Seuss said,

"It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas ... perhaps ... means a little bit more!"

No comments: