Saturday, December 13, 2008


This morning I wogged my last race for 2008. I've already got races booked through March of 2009, so it's not like my career is over - it's just done for this year. It's been a good wogging year. I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to, but I accomplished a lot. In fact, I thought I'd put the year in perspective (and verse)!





My Twelve Months of Wogging

In the twelve months of 2008,

I wogged the following miles:

Eighteen 5k races with some family in my sight;

One creepy 13k on a dark and spooky night;

One Minnie 15k which is now a defunct race;

An irregular training schedule without a steady pace;

Eight half-marathons in seven different states;

Fifteen blinging medals from which pride emanates;

Six various races at Mickey's sprawling compound;

One sprained ankle that probably should be bound.

Three completed races without an official race certificate;

Races that raised money for very worthy causes to get.

Souvenirs that were bought and the race fees that were paid;

But the best things were the memories that were made!

No comments: