Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After Christmas

'Twas the day after Christmas,
When all through my house;
Not a creature was stirring,
Not my kids or my spouse.

Sam and Lynnette
Were with the Ogles down in Texas;
They went to the zoo and to see "Annie"
And played Scrabble with many X-es.

Steve and Molly
Flew to Orlando for the sun;
There were bargains to be bought
And more shopping to be done.

Maribeth flew out
To meet Mathieu mid-trip;
A lost passport and late flight
Only caused a minor blip.

Only the pets were at home
And left in my care;
One dog and three cats
In three houses here and there.

Missy tolerated my visit
Opie chased the ball;
Blackie never showed up,
And Shaggy meowed in the hall.

It was quiet in my house,
But it was nice in a way;
It was soothing that nobody
Had anything to say.

But silence isn't always golden
As noisy voices fill the air;
Because home isn't home
Until my family is there!



No comments: