Friday, June 22, 2012

And Then There Were Walls

It's amazing what this group of framers have done in the past 48 hours.  Basically, they have doubled (at least) the size of the former upstairs, added a wall of windows, and made enough room for a full bathroom to replace the half bath.  And to think they were able to accomplish it in only two days.

There are many things that I would like to accomplish in two days, most of them impossible (for a two-day time period, anyhow).  But just for my own amusement, I thought I would list:

My Top Ten Things I Would Love To Accomplish in 48 Hours
  1. Lose 70 pounds.  Like just wake up and be 70 pounds lighter.  Without the resulting saggy skin.  And in that vein ...
  2. Have a belly you could bounce quarters off.  You should try now, but you would lose the quarters somewhere in the 70-pound rolls of belly.
  3. Have my teeth floss-worthy for a dental visit so that the hygienist could try as hard as she could, but could not make my gums bleed.  And I know just the hygienists that I would visit!!
  4. Have Maggie and Minnie decide they hate the litter box and manage to save their business for going outside.  Or at least on the toilet.  And then flush it themselves.
  5. Run 6 miles in one hour.  That's a 10 minute mile.  Which is still slow, but ridiculously faster than I can currently imagine.
  6. Have a huge freezer filled with healthy meals that I would just take out and nuke and eat.  And they would be delicious and so filling that I could barely finish them, thereby eliminating any weight gain from the aforementioned delicious food.
  7. Swim fast for an hour every day, thereby eliminating the stares from the really fast triathlon swimmers who are training and therefore do not appreciate my dog paddling in their lane that we have to share because apparently I decided to show up during their triathlon training times.
  8. Have a wonderfully coordinated and tasteful wardrobe of clothing in my closet.  You know, the kind where you have only 10 pieces but miraculously can create thousands of stylish outfits.  And they would not have stains where last night's ketchup landed or look like I pulled it off the floor from where I tossed it the night before.
  9. Ride my 18 speed (or whatever they're up to these days) bicycle everywhere because that's just what I do and not have the chain fall off because I decided to go from first gear to 15th gear - not because I wanted to but because that's the only gear that I could get to catch, only it caught so well that it knocked the chain off the gear thingy.
  10. Have a fabulous idea for a blog post each and every day.  Because anybody who takes the time to read this deserves it.  Or at least deserves to bounce quarters off my belly!
***************************************************************************
Today's blessings:  Upstairs remodel moving at lightning speed; pizza at MB's with MB, Everley, Molly, Steve, Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley; hair trim; KB's mom doing well

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

At this rate I may be able to sleep up there when I come :)

Girl with a Goal said...

I love your list! And I thought I was the only one who couldn't work the bike gear thingee.