Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Something to Remember

Even though I'm back to using the scales to see if there is any chance that I might eventually start losing an ounce or two, I'm glad I saw this graphic.  Because weight is just a number - while I am not proud of the number I own, it's no indication of who I am or what my life is about.

But sometimes, it's just hard not to let that number take away your joy, your pride, your hope, your dreams, your self-esteem, and everything that makes your life complete.

It's just a number, and in the grand scheme of things, a pretty insignificant one at that.
*********************************************************************
Today's blessings:  4 miles with KB; planned healthy lunch; beef tips dinner with Sam, Maribeth, Molly, Everley, Lindley, and Steve; watching Lindley talk to Everley

1 comment:

Girl with a Goal said...

Such a great thing to remember! I need to write that message on my scale.