Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013, Here I Come!!

Today marks the first day of the new year, or the day that everything should change - if you subscribe to the "resolutions" thing.  As for me, I would absolutely LOVE to make a plan and stick to it throughout the next 365 days.  But I know myself too well - as much as I attempt (admittedly half-hearted most of the time), I haven't had a ton of success.

So what shall I do this year?  Already I have several things in the works - a cruise or two, a half-marathon or two, a 3-day Breast Cancer Walk in Washington, DC, a Disney World/Disneyland trip or two, and maybe a bit of granddaughter sitting here and there.

What would I like to be writing about this time next year?  If I had my druthers, I would like to reporting on January 1, 2014, that I have accomplished the following:
  1. I lost enough weight so that I would actually tell you my starting weight.
  2. I eat so healthy on a regular basis that I cannot image eating otherwise.
  3. I mop my floors more than once a season.
  4. I exercise at least 3x a week.
  5. I jog (which would be a move up from wog) 5x a week, at a decent pace (for me, anyway)
At least those are my top five - now to go find my druthers and get started.

Happy New Year and hope 2013 turns out to be all you want it to be!!
**********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  black-eye peas in the crock pot; Lindley and Everley time; safe travel home for Sam and Lynnette

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I will try to join you on 1 -4 and make WALKING my verb of choice for #5.