Wednesday, January 23, 2013

She Who Finishes Last, Still Finishes! And Gets a Medal!

Back in the day when I was doing my first races, I was at a party with some parents of my son's friends.  The talk turned to marathons and I said that I had walked/ran a few.  One of the fathers turned to me and asked me why I walked them, to which I replied that I walked them because I could not run them.

There are a lot of runners out there who do not understand why walkers walk them.  Some of those runners can get downright mean about it.  Unfortunately, they will never know the absolute joy from finishing a race when you are happy to be the last person in, because it means you finished.  They will never know what it feels like to be Jena - and it's truly their loss.

Congratulations to Jena, and all of us who are out there with her.  Back of the pack rocks!!

******************************************************************************
 The Good Stuff From Today:  Watching the rerun of the Golden Globes while under the covers in bed; Everley time; Lowes shopping with Molly

1 comment:

Steve said...

Did Maggie andMinnie also watch the Golden Globes?