Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Words

There are a lot of words.  I know several of them.  There are nice words and not-so-nice words.  And I know several of both kinds.  And I've used both kinds.  But the thing is, when someone directs words at me that I don't like, it tends to deflate me.  And I don't like any of it - the words, the person, or the message.  And it doesn't matter if there are ten good word messages received at the same time - it's the bad message that I let get the best of me.

So maybe today I will make a change.  Or maybe even two.  Maybe starting today, I will let the deflating words just blow away like a deflating balloon.  I will wave them goodbye, and hold on to the good message words like holding on to a $10 Disney World balloon - worth savoring because you don't get them everyday.  But more importantly, I will stop using those hurtful words, realizing that it's not my place to correct someone's opinion, or point out how they're wrong in my eyes, or blast my thoughts on top of someone else's just because I can.

Words - forget the sticks and stones - they can hurt much worse.  But more importantly, they can heal and make things all better.  You just have to use the right ones.
*********************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Everley time; Maribeth bring bar-b-q for dinner; seeing Molly's bathroom remodel progress; 2 slow miles in the 'hood; getting car spruced up and car place people

No comments: