Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cruise Food Detox

It ain't easy, folks.  For a week I had 3 meals a day, of which at least one (and usually two) consisted of three (or more) courses.  As if that weren't bad (or good, depending on your perspective) enough, at least one (or many more) of them had chocolate dishes (and yes, that would be plural) for dessert.  Then, to add insult to injury (or fat to my butt), there was always a pizza or burger or anything ready and waiting to be inhaled at the pizza/burger/anything places that were on the way from our stateroom to the spa (our usual route for the day).  So, to put it bluntly, by now my food intake theoretically should have been drastically cut off, since there are no chefs or cast members or wait staff to stuff my cheeks (both upper and lower) with delicious food.

Unfortunately, that has not penetrated the food control portion of my brain (which unfortunately takes up most of my brain).  Food control thinks I should still be taking in the same amount of food, even if it's  cheese sandwich or ice cream or crackers (which pretty much sums up my pantry/frig contents).

So I shall continue to attempt to whip my brain back into reality.  At least until next month, when the princesses embark on our cruise.

At least it's only four days (which means about 48 meals) ....

*******************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Everley time; Mathieu bringing lunch; visiting Maribeth and dinner with Molly and Steve

No comments: