Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reproduction

I get it.  Reproduction in living things, that is.  I understand there's parts and there's other parts and somehow those parts can combine to make a whole separate part that becomes another living thing.  I get that part.  I just don't get how reproductions happens in non-living things.  Let me explain.

When I clean (or should I say whenever I clean, and it's not very often), my method is to clean a room and take all that room's offending junk to another room, usually known as the "holding" room (which is usually the dining room because the only thing that rarer than my cleaning is anyone actually eating on the dining room table in the dining room).  Anyhow, I will methodically sweep through the room being cleaned and take a load to the holding room, thus making the "cleaned up" room actually appear to be clean.  Here's where the my reproductive ignorance steps in.

Invariably, in the short span of time that it takes for me to get from the room being cleaned to the holding room and back to the room being cleaned, apparently reproduction has taken place.  It would seem that the more I clean out of a room, the more there is to clean out.  And apparently the obviously fertile junk is also doing its thing in the holding room, as the pile of junk there gets larger and larger, IN BETWEEN TRIPS FROM ROOM TO ROOM.  It's scary, because it would seem that junk reproduction knows no boundaries, either.  Books seem to give birth to doll clothes, pencils, and paper cups.  And don't even get me started on the boxes full of garage sale stuff.  Apparently that subset of junk is even randier, because I can walk away from a box with two things in it and upon my return, the box is so full I can barely close it.

So if anyone understands junk reproduction, please let me know so I know what things to keep separate.  Or at least let me know of junk birth control!

*************************************************************************
The Good Stuff From Today:  Lindley and Everley time; Sam bringing Baja Burritos for dinner

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Sign, I have no helpful ideas. It's the same with my fabric scraps - I swear they multiply as I use pieces from my scrap bin. I don't know WHAT goes on in there - but it's always full!!