Monday, September 30, 2013

As Usual, It's All About The Packing

As I mentioned, I have a trip coming up later this week.  Molly and I will leave Thursday night and head to Orlando where we will spend a few days at The World, and are planning to do the Tower of Terror 10-Mile race on Saturday night (that starts at 10pm - if one were to calculate my mph, one might ascertain that I will not be finished until approximately 1am Sunday morning).

Anyhoo, on Sunday morning we each have 8am-ish flights - Molly will return to Nashville and I will head to New York City where KB will meet me somewhere in the La Guardia airport, having flown there from Nashville (I expect this to be a comedy of errors, possibly involving TSA and the NBC news).  Anyhow, like last year's San Francisco trip for the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk, we thought it would be a great idea to tour NYC a few days before walking 60 miles.

We will be there until Wednesday, when we are going to take a big bus to DC, even though Steve says the big bus is a big bad idea.  Somehow we are  (a) going to board the big bad bus and then (b) somehow arrive at our hotel for the 3-Day weekend (this sort of happened last year when we had to get a taxi from our San Francisco condo to the 3-Day hotel, which involved a very chatty driver and who knows what route to get there).

Anyhoo, then we plan - or we had planned - to tour DC, or at least look at the outside of the closed buildings on Wednesday (on Wednesday night we are planning to do a night segway tour - does anyone else think this has disaster written all over it?) and were going to visit Congress on Thursday until they decided to not do their jobs and figure a way to resolve the current issues at hand.

Thursday the rest of the team will join us and we will start the 3-Day walk on Friday.  We'll walk approximately 20 miles a day for three days, finishing up on Sunday and then fly back home.

Why have I told you all this?  Because for this trip, I am planning to pack in a carry-on suitcase.  Yes, at some of these hotels I will have access to a laundry.  I'm just having to figure out how to pack clothes and assorted other stuff into my sweet little red bag.

Oh well, I'm not leaving until early Thursday evening, so I guess I have until 4ish on Thursday to figure it out ...
*****************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I got my car its first check-up; nice car people at the Toyota place; picking up Everley as school; cleaning up my closet

No comments: