Thursday, September 19, 2013

Things I Wish I Did ...

... but really don't wish I did.  In other words, things that I can imagine doing, but never will because they're much better in my mind than actually doing in real life.  Here are the top ones that come to mind:

1.  Ride horses really fast.   When I was little, a horse bit me and I fell off several horses.  In other words, I was not a very good horse person.  I became afraid of riding horses, that I would fall off and then the horse would bite me.  But I still like to imagine riding one in a wide-open pasture, really fast.  Except that I would be glued to the horse, who would have no teeth ...

2.  Ride the worse roller coasters.  I get motion-sickness sometimes, and I think my heart literally moves to my throat when I ride even the babiest of roller coasters, so I don't.  But I still imagine riding the scariest roller coasters, the ones featured on those "Scariest Roller Coaster" shows or that you see on the internet.  I wouldn't even have to be unconscious.

3.  Fly on an airplane for a really long time.  Only because I was going somewhere really interesting.  Since my brain can currently only manage a trip to the West Coast at this time, I cannot imagine any super-long flight without being passed out.

4.  Wear a bikini.  There are so many things wrong with this one, we needn't even discuss it.  Except it would be cool, considering in my thought process, I would have the body to go along with it.  And I would be tan - from the sun - without the sun damage.

5.  Tap dance.  Since after my first year of dance lessons when I was very young, my very first dance teacher suggest to my mother that I take up another hobby, I don't think dance will be in my future.  Especially since I have ankles of jelly.  And those ankles are on two left feet.  But it would be cool to tap the light fantastic.

So those are just a few of the things I imagine doing but don't.  Sure, I could probably do them all if I really put my mind to it.  But it's more fun to just imagine doing them - and doing them well!

***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I took Everley to school; I got some cleaning and organizing accomplished; got a task or two completed; made some travel plans; had a yummy dinner via Maribeth; picked up Everley from school and we made a Wal Mart run

2 comments:

Denise in PA said...

#2 - Okay, so you won't be doing Rock n' Roller Coaster then????

Luanne said...

Ummm that would be correct. It's on my "real" list - once I get over the upside down part. I've ridden Everest a couple of times - but never seen the Yeti because my eyes are also closed! Primeval Whirl gave me the worst headache ever - I had to meditate on a nearby bench once I got off that one!! Also on the list is Tower of Terror - at the very end of the list!!