Sunday, September 22, 2013

Put The Remote Down

Today we were sitting in the den, watching television.  I had turned to a cartoon movie and Lindley said she wanted to watch it.  I held the remote in order to check to see if something better might be on to watch.  Lindley then looked at me and said, "Put that down."  I asked her what she was talking about and she made it known that she was talking about the remote control.

When I asked her why, she replied, "Because I want to watch this." In other words, she was happy with what she was watching, which was for her benefit anyhow.  It was me who was thinking that something better might be on, again for her benefit.  But the fact was, she was happy.  Period.

So today's lesson from the small fry is this - quit trying to always find something better and sometimes be happy where you are.  Because if you keep trying to find something better, you're might just miss the good thing you've got going.
***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Most of the Udderly Pink team got in almost 7 miles and a Starbucks stop (and a pick-up by Molly); Maribeth picked up CPK for family lunch; safe travel to and from for Steve and Mathieu; Lindley and Everley time; visit from Camille and her mom to pick up the glue; beautiful day outside

No comments: