Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Just A LaLa For Me, Please

Today Emmatha started school. Okay, so technically it's day care, but since it's licensed, they do have a plan. Which in my case would be nap time all day, hence the reason there is no LaLa Day Care.

Once at Disney World, I was on a bus going to one of the theme parks. I was chatting with a lady who said that she took care of her grandchild because the lady couldn't imagine putting the child in a day care. And while I knew it was good for that lady, I also knew that it would not be good for me.

I have the blessing that my grandchildren live in the same city as I do. And since I have a degree in education, I should be qualified to do the day care thing and provide wonderful learning experiences for them.

But I don't want to be their full time teacher and caregiver. I don't want to be their parents' sole childcare provider. And I'm pretty sure their parents don't want that either.

I just want to be LaLa, however good or bad that may be. All three of the girls are having excellent educational experiences at the schools they attend for preschool and elementary school. And I love hearing about their adventures and what they learn. Sometimes I'm on pickup duty, which means a visit at LaLa and PawPaw's house. I'm also the backup for sick days and on no-school days. And on those days, we take the day off, maybe squeezing in a fun thing or two.

So maybe for now there is no LaLa Daycare. I think we're all good with that!!
*******************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: Everley's happy attendance in her new class; Emmatha's easy transition to her class; Lindley day at the Doik

No comments: