Thursday, June 26, 2008

Belly Jiggles

While watching television lately, I have noticed that the advertisement of choice is anything having to do with whittling your belly. You can purchase belly balls of differing sizes, various mechanical belly-exercising contraptions, belly pills and potions, and belly massagers and belts. It's just a belly busting bonanza.

One would think I would be extremely interested, since the last time I had anything resembling a reasonable belly was before the area was inhabited by fetuses - probably even 15 years before that. Nevertheless, I watch, hoping that just the right solution will appear before my very eyes.

Maybe one day I will have control over that part of my body. Maybe I'll be able to slide on a pair of jeans without the dance, or cinch a itsy-bitsy belt, or laugh without channeling Santa. Then again, maybe not.

Life is full of things to work on or cure or quit or enhance or reduce. It's all about choosing what's important to work on for now. The belly-busting industry will have to do without me for now - I need something to prop my dinner tray on!

No comments: